– When the present that gets used most ( and the one she get a most excited about ) is the Kindle
– When you are chatting away and she says, ‘Can I read, please’, silently willing you to leave her to read in peace.
– When you find her grabbing hold of a book as soon as any journey starts.
– When the only thing she really, really wants is the set of Enid Blytons that she doesn’t have or the new David Walliams. All Christmas present hints were about books.
– New clothes get a once over before going back to the book she was engrossed in.
– While she couldn’t care less about which clothes she wears, she wants to carry her book or Kindle wherever we go.
– When you find books in every part of the house and the rear seat of the car. It takes a lot of threats to get them tidied up, and then a lot of time gets spent putting the books in the bookshelves because each book has to be grouped together within relevant sections!
– When going to sleep gets delayed because one more page is begging to be read.
And yet, I wouldn’t have it any other way!