I haven’t been baking much these days. The few bakes that I tried seem to falling flat like the 4 batches of naankhatai I tried last month.
To add to that, our holidays have resulted in a lot of weight being put on. Any thing I bake, will only end on my hips. Back in Leeds, and in India, I had friends to pass it on to. Here, I am yet to make new friends. So I don’t even have the option of sharing the calories 🙂
So I haven’t been baking. But that doesn’t stop me from wish-listing what I want to bake. I could happily spend hours on baking websites. The only reason I stop myself these days is that at the end of a session of drooling over delicious looking bakes, I would need something, at least a piece of chocolate to satisfy myself with.
So here are the top seven on my list.
1. One successful batch of Naan khatai. Whatever I try, it is turning out too crumbly. I so need to make this, I have a promise to keep. Anybody with a fail safe recipe? The ones I tried were fail safe ones but something goes wrong every single time.
2. Baked doughnuts. Daughter loves doughnuts. Actually all of us love it. So baked ones seem like a better option, doesn’t it?
3. Caramel Custard – Just thinking of it makes me want to have some. Maybe I should make just two pots, one for husband and one for daughter, so that I don’t get tempted. At the very least, I will only taste a bite or two 🙂
4. Angel Food cake – Also known as Chiffon cakes. This has been on my list for ages. The only thing stopping me is that I can’t seem to get hold of the pan. A couple of weeks back I saw the bakers in the Great British Bake Off asked to bake them. I almost cried with frustration. I so want to bake them.
5. Danish pastries – The mere thought of them makes me drool. One day…
6. Choux Pastry – This has been on my list for ages as well. One of these days, I am going to give it a try.
7. A Decadent Chocolate cake – No matter how many chocolate cakes I bake, I think I will always lust after a gooey, rich, chocolate cake. Just thinking about it makes me want a slice now 🙂
So do tell me do you have a wish-list of bakes or things you want to cook?
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013. Hop over to see more Day 3 posts.