No, no, its not about the India-Pak situation, its just a bulleted post, for a change(and also because I’m lazy today).
Its been one of those days when I have loads to write about, but no time to sit down and actually do it.
– Back from a lovely holiday, which was everything we wanted it to be. More to come in detailed posts, when I get a chance to sit down and jot it all down. Sigh! Why do good times have to come to an end?
– talking of ends, husband’s holiday is coming to an end too. Just a few more days of togetherness. Its making me upset and depressed, just thinking about it. All I can hope is that this comes to an end soon. If it means going back to the UK, so be it. Nothing matters more than all of us being together ..
– We’ve realized that so many of our friends have done this staying apart thingy.. Some living in India, some abroad.. Gives me the strength to wait out the next few months.. Especially since I’m hoping that it won’t last too long. Fingers crossed.
– I’ve got totally bored of shopping. I can now look at rows of clothes, accessories and move on. The only thing that I continue to lust for is books. Both daughter and I go crazy in a book shop.
– I’ve finally got a kindle for myself. The one we bought couple of years ago, got usurped by husband. I did not mind too much, because I love real books far more. This time, husband got me a kindle, and I’m loving it, absolutely loving it. This holiday, I did all my reading on the kindle.
– We met old friends today, and it was so wonderful. Last week, we had a lovely time with my cousins… Bangalore is such a fun place. I wish, and wish that we get to stay on… But then if we don’t then we get to be with our close friends in the UK. Can’t really complain, can I?
– I’ve found myself a cook that I don’t really need, but life has been so much easier ever since she started, that I’ve decided to keep her on. That way I get to focus in the more exotic stuff, while she gets the boring every day stuff out of the way.
– I’ve been delighted to see that I’ve been getting a lot if traffic for my book reviews. One side effect of that haaram.com thing has been that I’ve started keeping an eye on the stats. And I get delighted to see people land on the book reviews. I hope my reviews are helpful. They are just my opinion of the book. What I don’t find interesting, might be very interesting for others. My last author requested review had the author commenting that others seem to have enjoyed her book a lot. Which is, of course, quite possible. Some books work for some, while some don’t. For instance, I can’t read Chetan Bhagat, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a best-selling author, has it?
And that about it. I guess I can do the rest of my updates another time. I’ve been too lazy to log onto my laptop, and typing on the phone gets a bit boring after a bit.