..so they say.. I have come to the conclusion that there certainly is a right time for everything, and a wrong time for everything as well.
– Reading yummy looking food blogs should have a statutory warning – ‘ Do not read if hungry – can lead to disastrous consequences’.
– Grocery Shopping while hungry – same warning should be displayed – in huge letters, preferably. Or they should have a tummy rumbling sensor which bans us from entering. If only those darn supermarkets thought of public service instead of their bottom lines!!!
– The absolutely wrong time to shop is in the run up to Christmas – atleast in this country. The other day, I got stuck in a shopping trolley traffic jam. Too many people, too many shopping trolleys. All I wanted was milk, and I still got stuck!
– While on supermarkets, the sure fire way of ensuring that some thing gets sold out is for me to desperately want it. Once a supermarket was out of eggs! That never happens – but it happened when I had to bake – and then I had to hunt for an egg-less recipe!!!! Sometimes it is our favourite brand of bread – somehow, it gets sold out! Once the lady ahead of me had it!
– The wrong time to start playing monopoly is definitely any time after 8 – for me. It does not finish on time, and even if it does, I stay up half the night thinking what I could have done to win!
– The wrong time to join any exercise class is certainly after the Christmas-New Year break. The whole world and their cousin is out to work away the holiday excess(new year resolutions?). Classes are packed! Forget about classes, even the roads are full of joggers out to make you guilty! And it gets less and less crowded as the new year sets in, and we get used to our extra weight.
– The totally wrong time to bake is when you already have cake at home. And I must be one of those crazy people who think that it is a good idea 😦 So now, I know all about freezing cakes. I have two varieties frozen!
Now that I have it all jotted down, I should take a print out and put it on my refrigerator -maybe, that could stop me from doing weird stuff. At the very least, it might stop me from baking when I shouldn’t!