Now, this is a tag after my own heart. I have spent years telling people, that half the things that they believe are ‘girlie’ stuff are just stereotypes and we start believing in them when it is reinforced in multiple ways. But seriously, just going by this tag, that so many of us have already taken up – most of us seem to do what suits us, rather than what our gender stereotypes recommend.
1. Played loads of cricket on the streets back home 🙂 Came home with scraped knees and full of pride 🙂
2. Wanted to and became a Mechanical Engg – although people kept telling me that it is not ‘suitable’ for girls. Although, I am yet to understand why. Have worked on a shop floor and loved the experience.
3. Can change bulbs, fix things, mowing the lawn.
4. Love discussing politics, which I was told does not suit a woman, not that it made any difference.
5. Much more comfortable in trainers than delicate shoes. I have minimal shoes, and practically live in my trainers, as they are so so much more comfortable.
6. Have lived alone, in an apartment, in both India and abroad, and loved it! I love living on my own, love the solitude.
7. Have no fear of the dark, insects or bugs or any such things. (Daughter makes up for it, though 😦 )
8. In every city we live, I end up travelling around it much more than husband 🙂 I walk and explore a lot too.
9. I am perfectly comfortable going out without makeup or a lot of dressing up. I actually get ready quicker than husband 🙂
10. Are books considered non-girly? I love books, and don’t care what gender they belong to, as far as they belong to me 🙂
At the same time, I love chocolates, chick-lits, chick-flicks and hate horror movies. I wonder what that makes me? While I love games like scrabble, I cannot play games on the playstation or the Wii. I don’t like cooking, while I love baking. Totally mixed up? That’s what most of us , aren’t we 🙂 A combination of skills, which have little to do with what gender we are, and more to do with our personalities.
And now for the tough part. I’ve got to tag people. Apparently according to IHM, if you read this and you don’t take the tag up , you are – ‘cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years’.
So I tag,
Edited to add : Saksh as well. I really thought you would be too busy to take it up 🙂 Now you better do this tag pronto 🙂
I do hope none of you have been tagged already, I tried real hard to ensure that I tagged only those who were not already tagged 🙂