of motherhood.. I know it sounds cliched but I absolutely love everthing about being a mother- atleast so far 🙂 I may change my mind later- but I am certainly loving it as of now!
Goofy Mumma tagged me with this tag about listing 5 things I love about being a mother.. Just five things? oh – this is going to be tough – to select just five things 🙂
One of the greatest thing motherhood has taught me is to appreciate my parents even more.. It makes me appreciate everything that I had taken for granted so far – their unconditional love, their putting us ahead of everything else, the way our happiness comes first and foremost, and with it, my own emotions of wanting to be there for them, in any way that they might need me.. I always felt this way – but I think it has become even stronger after I became a parent. If I could do half the job that they did, with me – I would be thankful..
I think it would be fair to say that motherhood has changed me beyond my wildest dreams.. While, I was always the mothering kind, the strength of the emotion that I feel for my daughter – still surprises and amazes me.. All those times, when some little thing freaked me out, of how I was on the phone to the NHS Advise line, because she threw up as a one month old.. Yes, all the books told me not to worry – but I still needed to be reassured.. Like Goofy Mumma, I was totally freaked out when she fell from the bed at 5 months – though she fell to a carpetted floor and was fine.. Rushing her to the emeergency because she fell head first from the sofa and having to wait there till 9:00 in the night, on a night that my husband was not in town.. So many insecurites and so many triumphs! The joy of seeing her turn over or smile at me made up for every worry that might have come my way. I used to pour over books and the internet to check out everything – I remember asking a doctor why she was not smiling at 3 weeks – I was worried she was autistic – little knowledge! Motherhood has been a truly roller coaster ride. So many things that bring a smile to my face, so many things I wonder, if I should have done differently.. How I used to love the way, she used to crawl her way to me, sometimes over other children at the daycare, when I would go to pick her up 🙂 And how everyday, when we used to drop her off, she was so eager to start her day – that she would even spare us a second glance.. So many things, so ways she has touched our lives, and taken over it completely
So now, to do the actual tag, five things I love about being a mother.
1. The amazing fact that you can so totally be in love with another person, even if she manages to do really gross things at times.
2. The fact that being a mother has totally changed my perspective towards life.. My goals, ambitions, had been so different, just three years ago..
3. The way, sometimes, when I read her a bedtime story, she just hugs me and tells me ‘ I lub you, Amma’ – out of nowwhere!The way she hugged me today and told her dad to get me tea – coz I was in bed, unwell! And the way, she started crying and got upset, because I was unwell..
4. The way she hugs and thanks us for something routine, as giving her, her favourite strawberry milk or buying her a pair of shoes! Her emotion when she thanks us amazes both of us!
5. The way she jumps and runs towards her dad everyday, when he returns from work. And I will never forget the way, she clung to him at the airport, when we got back from vacation.
How she is moved, by any child that cries, and tries telling them – ‘Don’t cry, baby’!
Oh there are so many things.. that move me, amaze me and make me thankful that I am a mother and that I am able to experience all this.. I know that I am no perfect mother, nor can I ever reach that – but I know, that I will do everything to try and do whatever I can to make my daughter’s life better.. I have doubts about my parenting style all the time.. I worry about mollycoddling her too much, and then about being too strict with her.. But all I can say with any sincerity is that ever since I have become a mother, I want to do my very best for her.. I do think that motherhood has brought out the best in me..
I believe this tag is about linking mothers across the world.. Most of the mothers I know have already been tagged, So I am tagging.
Edited to add – Renu – Don’t know how I missed tagging you – Apologies!!!