- one day before the packers are supposed to arrive, every thing still seems to be a total mess.
- more and more things that need doing comes up.
- I feel so guilty about ignoring daughter during all the chaos, that I end up promising(rather rashly) that I would play monopoly after school:)
- I don’t even have the energy to read- now that is dire, in my book. I did read a few great books recommended by TGND – Under the Tuscan Sun, and am now midway through The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Both wonderful reads! I am not going to be have any time to do reviews in the near future to write more about them.
- I get so stressed out that I get terrible migraines that force me to leave dinner parties hosted by my wonderful friends. I’m going to miss my friends here so much.. It’s been such a wonderful time in this place.
- The loads of clothes, knick-knacks that we have given away – I could have held a car boot sale and made good money I threw away a 10 year old yoga pants – it was so comfy that I held on to it all these years:) But I think it has to go now We’ve got three boxes of books already, and still have more to pack – how much have we accumulated over the years! And this after giving away a lot of older books that daughter has out grown of. I was so hard-hearted with clothes disposal that I stopped myself from keeping clothes, that I hoarded all this while, in the vain hope that one day, I would lose weight to fit into them:)
I hear of people who lose their appetite with stress. I can only wish I were in that category. I eat more, and at a time like this, it ends up being more junk – so not what I need. I will need to go on a proper diet once I am back in India. High hopes, I know, dieting in India But then, one needs hopes to survive, doesn’t one?
The one thing I am genuinely thankful about is that we did not invest in a property in this country. Selling off a car is giving me nightmares, I actually have dreams involving selling my car. And funnily, Pixie came in my dream as a consultant telling me what to do to sell my car:) I know, I have certainly gone mad:)